“So much to see, so little time”
Exploring Rarotonga has never been more fun, more educational and more exciting than right here, right now. It’s also never been more beneficial to the planet. Your steed for the day will be the world’s toughest electric motorbike, the UBCO 2x2 Adventure Bike. Go Electric, No Gas, No Emissions, No Noise, No Sweat.
Your challenges, Your way.
In this half-day expedition, you will be given a map of our little paradise marked with points of interest around the island. You must navigate to self-guided stops to explore and learn about our little paradise, our people and our culture.
Fun without the competitive edge.
We’ve aimed this expedition at those who choose to explore and learn but not in a competitive manner. You can simply enjoy cruising our island at your own pace learning along the way.
Individual or Teams? It’s your choice.
This expedition is great for team building or building a little friendly competition. Our bikes are single seater ONLY so even if you choose to play as a team everyone must have their own electric motorcycle.
Conservation & Credibility
· We in conjunction with Ariki Adventures, (our sister company) are the only tour operator who are focused on becoming fully eco-friendly by the end of 2023.
· We have partnered with Ariki Adventures, the Air New Zealand Eco-Tourism Awards Winners & the Air New Zealand Outstanding Kia Orana Spirit Awards Winner 2020. Our experience in providing safe eco-adventure tours is proven and focuses on sustainable tourism for our future generations.
If you have never ridden an electric motorbike before you are about to embark on a journey with us to reduce emissions and greenhouse gases into our planet. The bikes are simply amazing, and you could easily just ride them around the island for a day.
What To Expect
Pre-eco-adventure planning considerations:
· We recommend wearing comfortable running or similar shoes and appropriate clothing for riding a motorbike in tropical conditions.
· If you have NOT ridden a scooter/motorbike within the last two years you need to get some practice in before you come on one of our expeditions. The bikes are a different feel to a petrol-powered motorbike and of course they are much more expensive. We will be testing you before the expedition.
· We recommend you orientate yourself with the island before you come on tour. Knowing simple areas of the island and your “clockwise” from your “anti-clockwise” will help. It will make your planning a lot easier if you already know a few landmarks
On the Day:
0815hrs: Your meeting location is our base located in the village of Arorangi on the west side of the island. It is the home of “Explore Raro”, “Ariki Adventures” and the “Flying Turtle Café”
Once everyone has checked in you’ll receive a comprehensive safety and activity briefing before you are allocated an electric bike and fitted with helmet and additional gear as required. You will sit a riding test to ensure we are comfortable with your riding skill level and once you have passed the test you will be issued with everything necessary to complete the tour. You be issued a FREE Explore Raro Tee Shirt as your uniform for the day. You’ll also pre-order your lunch for the day. Once everyone is happy and there are no more relevant questions it’s time to kick into gear.
0900hrs is “XPed-Hour” The clock starts, and you will be issued with your schedule. It’s your time to review and consider which direction you will go. Glance over which places you will be discovering and take some time to check out the map to get your bearings.
The day is yours. Explore our paradise and stay safe until you return before the appointed time.
1230hrs: You are required back at Base at this time. Our crew will check you in.
Lunch is an added extra from the Flying Turtle Cafe.
You are more than welcome to bring your own adventure cameras or hire one of our own rental GoPro’s for $60 per tour.
Departure Point: The Flying Turtle Cafe, main road Arorangi is our home base for Explore Raro & Ariki Adventures.
Duration: Allow 4 hours for the Half-Day Discovery Tour
Return Point: Same as departure point.
Challenges are Mon - Fri mornings only at this stage: Afternoons & weekends by appointment only.
Cancellations or Postponement on the day: The challenge will operate rain, hail or shine but we reserve the right to withdraw points of interests or locations if we determine it is unsafe to attempt them. We also reserve the right to cancel or postpone your tour for safety reasons. If we cancel your tour, we will do our best to reschedule in the first instance or we will refund if nothing is suitable.
· Electric Bike & Helmet
· Device with data
· Explore Raro Tee Shirt
· Travel to/from Departure Point. Ariki Adventures Tour Booking Office & Flying Turtle Cafe, main road Arorangi.
Not recommended for heavily pregnant guests.
Minimum age is 20.
Must have a current International or Cook Islands Motorcycle License.
Availability: This tour is for individual’s or small groups of no more than 10 people. We will do our best to book you on your preferred date and time but due to other bookings this may not be available. If your preferred time is not available we will contact you to offer an alternative date and time.
People with medical conditions should declare them to us at the time of booking so we can consider their situation. It won't necessarily preclude them but we may have to insist on safety measures.
Guests with disabilities. We have experience in taking out guests with disabilities. Please ask so we can consider the situation and if we can make it happen safely then we will. Please ask.
· Cancel at least 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
· Cancellations within 24hours are not subject to refund unless COVID 19 related or a serious medical condition. Being hungover is not considered a serious medical condition.